Makeup Storage Ideas and Containers

The area where I store my makeup seems to be shrinking..Okay maybe it has something to do with the tiny obsession I have, but until I get a larger vanity area I needed some more storage containers to help me keep organized.

I went to Walmart and found this acrylic vanity top makeup holder by Caboodle for $10.
Right now this container is storing makeup I haven't opened yet and things I don't use everyday. There is also a space  you can use for cotton pads and Q-tips. I also use it as a place to shove extra things, such as items I have ordered 2 of.

I tend to go back and forth between my house and my mom's house because I spend a lot of time with my sister. My hubby and I sometimes take weekend trips so I usually use my makeup train case. While I am not travelling this is an excellent place to store makeup I don't have any other place for.

I also use plastic storage containers with drawers. This container is very deep and can hold a lot. I actually have another storage container like this with 6 drawers. If you get a few of these they really help keep everything organized.

For lipsticks I use these lipstick holders I found at Winners. They are $12 each and keep your lipsticks nice and neat. They come in different shapes and designs. You may be able to find them at other retailers and they do sell them on Ebay and Amazon.


I also have a square one

And then of course there are the 10 or so lipsticks always strewn about at the bottom of my purse, but we won't talk about that....

I am also  getting one of these when I decide how I am going to re-arrange everything in my room. I want to do a bit of re-decorating. This is from Ikea and the color matches with my other furniture. It is also thin enough to tuck away, and it would be prefect for makeup. 
I store my eye shadow palettes and nail polish somewhere else but that will be in another post.  

How do you store your makeup? leave a comment below and let me know.